Dec 27, 2011

ROTI JOHN, A TASTE OF MIRI

I had never been a fan of Roti John until I first travelled to Miri, Sarawak, a few years ago. I had tried it in other places in Kuala Lumpur, but I found it to be quite unappetizing. I also couldn't understand why the burger stalls near Mega Hotel in Miri were always so busy at night, especially on weekends. It didn't look much different from other types of burgers, but Roti John is physically longer than a normal burger, usually cut into pieces.


On my recent visit to Miri after a long journey to Brunei, my friend Emy from a Legal Aid Organization recommended that I go there to satisfy my late-night hunger. I initially said I didn't even want to eat Roti John, but she insisted that it was a must-go place in Miri. I have to admit that there is no other Roti John in Malaysia that is as good as the one in Miri.

We drove to the place that night and near Mega Hotel, there were several burger stalls selling the best Roti John in town. It was truly a delight to have it again after almost two years. It had a variety of flavors with a delicious combination of mayonnaise and battered egg, and you could choose between beef or chicken.

If you ever find yourself in Miri, Sarawak, I highly recommend that you try this local fast food. I personally rate it as one of the best in Malaysia.

/original article through Emy in 2011.


No comments:

Post a Comment