Mar 27, 2011

TRAVEL WITH BLACKBERRY IN 2011 - BALI EXPERIENCE

Cindy & Fiza - First thing to do at the Arrival in Bali
When I first arrived in Bali, I had little hope of getting my Blackberry connected to a local carrier, as I had experienced in Kalimantan. 

Upon arriving at the hotel near Jl Poppies 1, myself, Deli, Cindy, and Fiza went to a nearby shop to purchase a new local SIM card. We were fortunate to find Eddy, the helpful owner of the kiosk, who sold us a starter-pack of AXIS for Rp50,000, which included Rp2000. Although it was easy to get a SIM card in Bali, I have to admit that the reliability was not as good as I had hoped. The 3G connection was also quite slow, and it would often disconnect every few minutes.

Deli 'Checked-in' at Kuta Beach
Overall, getting a SIM card in Bali was a pleasant experience, despite the expensive phone plans and potential for being cheated. The service was average and the rates were cheap. Even though the network was not very reliable, we were still glad to get our phones hooked up with a local carrier. This enabled us to tweet, Facebook, email, and access information about almost everything regarding the island, which was invaluable to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment